Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Blahs, again

What is it about Sundays that I can't get up the gumption to write a Monday post?  It's odd.  I got all day to think about it, it's Sunday.

Not much out there on other blogs, even, to riff off of.  Except for this.  A 70s housewife blog.  Yeah that was what growing up, in the 70's was like.  Our kitchen was Harvest Gold.  I was always jealous of the houses with Advocado Green, too.  And I remember what a huge deal it was when the grocery bill was $100 the firs time.  And kid's shoes pushing $10 a pair....

But none of that is gun related.

I missed a range trip last week.  I blame the short week.  Gonna go again this week tho.

That 70s stuff reminds me.  My dad bought a 1969 Pontiac LeMans wagon, green, like this one.  But not this specific one.





It had a 400 cubic inch engine in it and he kept it until he got a 1978 Pontiac Bonneville 2-door.  The thing HAD seatbelts.   Lapbelts.  But they were only buckled on special occasions, and then inconsistently.  Maybe a dozen times?  Usually my brother and I rolled around in the back.  We started wearing the seatbelt consistently around 1980, I guess?  Certainly 1983 or 4.  So I am celebrating 30 years of safety.  Wonder if there is a connection to that correlation.

Thing is, I was never in an accident before the seatbelts were mandatory, and I've been in a few since.   




4 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Our green Pontiac had a roof rack.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Our rims didn't look that good, either.

Old NFO said...

Nice looking old ride!

Lee said...

My parents used to let me stand in between them in the front seat on road trips. Now they critique how I set up their grand children's child seats.