Monday, September 22, 2014

What is it about Sundays

That make me have blogger's block.  It's odd.

You know what we haven't done in a while?  Ammo inventory.  Five or six years ago there was common enough discussion about the blogs.

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”  -R Kipling

“Except when your house is on fire”  -J T Bolt

There was the rule of thumb.  Keep 500 of each major pistol caliber of each gun you have, and 1000 rounds of your primary rifle ammo and 100 each of the weird stuff like .25 if you have that.  Or .22-250 for grandpa's single shot prairie dog gun that you leave in the safe.

And .22.  Buckets and buckets of .22 long rifle.

Meh.  It's about that for me.  A few .50 cal ammo cans filled with 50 round boxes, and a large can of rifle ammo with battle packs in it.  I don't know exactly how many, but if I was thinking of dipping into those cans I'd be hunting for more ammo in hard way.  It's sort of my never-go-below floor.

And now that the anmo drought is pretty much over I should double check.  Be sure the range ammo is plentiful.


No comments: