Wednesday, January 28, 2015

When was the last time...

You 'made' a stranger?

It doesn't count when you notice a gun blogging buddy carrying at a blog shoot.  Though sometimes they fool me.

I mean some random out in the world.  Easier in your state than mine, probably.  Though the last time I saw a IWB Glock was on a motorcycle rider on  95 in Maryland a few years back.

To play this game, your best bet is to park on a bench in a park in a CCW state in nice weather.  (I recommend the park around the City of Willowick Town Hall.)

Though I like to try it when I find myself grocery shopping in Virginia.

This whole topic was more work water-cooler talk. The conclusion was it was too difficult in our state.  When I go fishing I don't expect to catch nothing but lunkers one after another, but I do wanna catch something.  Maryland carriers have further incentive to be really good about their concealment method.  Except that dummy on the bike.

8 comments:

Charles Lee Scudder said...

Usually at least once a week at my work.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

HA! At my work it would be something to see...

breda said...

I try not to ogle people in public, personally.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

While I undress EVERYONE with my eyes. Yes, you too, MBtGE. Especially you.

It's one of my failings. Please forgive me, America!

azmountaintroll said...

I simply assume EVERYONE around me to be armed, and conduct myself accordingly. I certainly am, on every lawful occasion.

Old NFO said...

A couple of times a week at the minimum... :-)

abnormalist said...

last year on the way in to target, i stopped a fellow with the quiet words

"hey buddy, your glocks hanging out there"

yes, the words were chosen for how they would sound, and it took him a few seconds to realize quite what i was saying then he pulled his sweatshirt down in the back, and thanked me.

ASM826 said...

A young woman, maybe 25, walked by open carrying in Starbucks this afternoon. I felt a strange emotion I don't often feel these days, I think it was a glimmer of hope.